Energy Efficient Insulation tips
Energy Efficient Insulation tips:
- Spending $200 on insulating an average attic can save hundreds on your heating bill.
- Caulk or insulate most common areas
- Around doors and windows
- Electrical sockets and switches
- Recessed lighting
- Attic scuttle hole/hatch
- Basement windows/doors
- Install a programmable thermostat
- EnergyStar estimates a programmable thermostat will save the average home over $180 per year on utility expense.
The above listed items are some rather simple and relatively inexpensive ways to save money and most home inspectors will note the need to do these improvements in their report if not complete… especially this time of year and in the winter.